• Devising & implementing strategies to streamline processes & strip costs from Direct to Consumer channel, resulting in significant cost reductions & improved productivity adding c. 25% to divisional profits.
• BIG data – championed and initiated projects including turning data held in the business into actionable information creating; greater transparency in the business, consumer insight and informed decision making.
• Devised award-winning strategy that launched and scaled digital channel (D2C & B2B), from within the existing organisation, building from zero to a multi-million-pound business. Delivering 4% of total company market contribution in year one, 6% year two and 24% in year three. By the time I left the company, it was well over 60%.
Harley Academy: Reviewed and enhanced, direct sales, marketing (social, PPC, SEO, email, eCommerce, CRM) and pricing strategies leading to 40% revenue increase and increased customer numbers, both students and clients.
• Harley Academy: Led creation of a new consumer clinic chain brand ‘STORY’ (retail and eCommerce/D2C), launching Q4 2020. enabling the targeting and acquisition of new audience and revenues.
• Macat: Designed and implemented business strategies, including sales and marketing go-to-market strategy (DTC, B2B and B2B2C), drove an initial hard launch of the business in the Education sector, establishing a pipeline of £250k+ per quarter establishing first revenues for the company of £150k in Q4 ’17.
• Macat: I identified a new revenue channel and reset go-to-market strategy to pivot focus to the corporate sector identifying pilot partners including ABF, BBC, Brambles and Xerox providing a high growth revenue opportunity.
• Harlequin: Continued digital transformation and scaled the digital business to account for over 60% of total company profits.
Restructured to integrate knowledge into rest of the organisation.
• Harlequin: Launched a new eCommerce site, incorporating AI, with a ground-breaking approach. Results: 25% uplift in average monthly sales and achieved ROI within 5 months of launch. Won NMA Effectiveness Award, Retail category 2009 and Bookseller ‘Digital Strategy of the Year’ 2012
I have extensive stakeholder management experience. My ability to build strong and successful stakeholder relationships, as well as external partnerships, is one of my strengths.
• During the integration of HQN into HC management of several stakeholder groups was required: for example:
o The HQN team (some transitioning, and others redundancy) – maintaining morale and loyalty was critical.
o The HC teams and colleagues – ensuring the delivery of knowledge transfer and business continuity.
o HQN and HC international leadership team – with regular briefings keeping them informed on decisions and progress.
• I was invited to speak at international conferences and as a media spokesman on radio, TV and to journalists, promoting the brand and knowledge sharing following the success of the transformational agenda I implemented.
• At Macat I was dealing with and built strong relationships with multiple stakeholder groups, for example:
o The Board and investors – After a detailed review and analysis of the existing business strategy, I presented a pivot focussed on accelerating the commercialisation of the business. o Customers (including Schools, HE, Governments, and corporates) – maintaining support in the product and gaining feedback allowing ongoing improvement. o UAE based Think Tank looking at how to develop the right skills in the area to succeed post-oil.