If you are a great Head of Development please apply!
The role is required for effective leadership and development of the software Development Team in companies IT Team.
- Manage the delivery and performance of the companies customer facing software products and services
- Develop and lead implementation of automation strategy.
- Help the team’s transformation from a traditional hardware and on premise software data centre based approach to one based on SaaS (Software as a Service), IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) and DevOps.
- Build reputation, capability and perception of the new customer focussed approach.
- Partner closely with CTO and leadership team and be the advocate, evangelist and champion of the companies Development capabilities across internal & external stakeholders.
- Key and influential member of the companies Leadership team, through building effective, collaborative and trusting relationships in a matrix environment both internally and across external stakeholder groups.
SaaS, IaaSand DevOps
Experience of migrating to and running Development functions based on SaaS, IaaS and DevOps approaches
TDD & CI/CD
Experience of using Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration/Continuous Improvement approaches.
Proven experience of senior stakeholder management in a matrix environment, ability to manage and influence at senior level and act in partnership with existing customers (operationally) and prospective clients (business development) to ensure success.
Help position the function to one that has a great relationship and reputation with the rest of the business and is a valued partner in cross functional teams.
Team Leadership and Capability build
To assess the Development Team capability to meet existing and future needs and build appropriate resources and skills to deliver.
Experience of working in a genuinely Agile environment.
Proven experience of creating successful and compelling variable cost and capacity strategies in differing markets that others will follow. Understands market trends & sets strategies accordingly.